If itâ€™s time to round out your wardrobe for the season, make sure you pick up a few of the hottest trends and styles that complement your personality. From color-blocked dresses to floral prints on your shoes, there are dozens of fresh and fun trends to play with this season. Almost anyone can pull off every single trend that made the runways this season. The trick is to balance out the look with complementary pieces and even use a few eye-catching pieces as accents. You wonâ€™t be guilty of breaking any fashion rules when you know what to pair with each look.Â
Here are a few fresh ideas on what to buy this season and how to pull off that look with style:
- Bold Printed Dresses.This is the season to go bold so donâ€™t be afraid to break out of your comfort zone with a brightly colored printed dress. Printed dresses are the perfect mix of femininity and style. It will look great with a pair of sky-high red wedge sandals or ankle-wrap heels. Itâ€™s a fun and flirty summer look that almost any body type can pull off.
- Sheer Tops. A great cover-up for bulky arms or a heavier torso, loose and flowy sheer tops paired with some cutoff shirts are perfect for those beach days and weekend wear. Pick out a bold and bright sheer top that you can wear with a colored tank underneath.
Try something like this sheer stripe top with wide-leg pants, shorts, or even some skinny jeans for a balanced look.
- Snakeskin Pumps.Â Show off your wild side in a pair of snakeskin open-toe pumps. Stick with pumps that have a platform heel and super-skinny heel to create a chic and stylish look. These shoes are great with a little black dress and otherwise simpler dresses youâ€™re sporting this season.
- Striped Skirts. Go preppy with a sailor blue stripe pencil skirt paired with a white blouse, tank, or tee shirt. Skirts with horizontal stripes are great for those with narrower hips because they create the illusion of width and will give you a curvier experience.
Theyâ€™re the perfect excuse to show off a great pair of legs as well! Wear these with some straw wedges or platform sandals for the complete look.Â
- Bold and Bright Blazers. A notch-collar blazer in a brightly-colored hue can be just what you need to freshen up your wardrobe for the season. Whether you wear it with a pair of skinny jeans, flared leggings, or some khaki pants, the jacket will create a more structured and streamlined silhouette. Wear a simple teeshirt underneath or go with a ruffled or frilled blouse for a more feminine look. Stick with three-quarter length sleeves or just roll up the sleeves for a more relaxed and laid back look. This is one closet staple that you can use to create multiple outfits.
Aileen Pablo is part of the team behind Open Colleges, one of Australiaâ€™s leading providers of TAFE CoursesÂ equivalent and Beauty therapy Courses. When not working, Aileen blogs about beauty and is often invited as a speaker in Personality Development Seminars in the Philippines.If you have a blog and would like free content. You can find him/her on Google+.Â