Look of the Day — Beat the heat by wearing something white! LWDs are tricky to wear but you can always pull it off with the right fit and some accessories. It’s Monday again. Whew! How has your weekend been?!
White lace dress, FrontRowShop. Sandals, So Fab. Sling bag, Forever 21. Gold watch, Parfois. Isiro sunglasses, Fly Shades.
I was going for the boho theme so I added this brown sling bag then opted for flats instead of heels. Notice how the whole look went from being too formal to casual?
Truth be told, I’m not much of a little white dress fan. I’ve always thought wearing such can make me look someone from decades ago or worse, bridal. However, wearing this dress doesn’t make me feel like the aforementioned descriptions though! 😉
Here are my tips on how to wear white dresses (without looking bridal):
1. Avoid those with overly puffy sleeves.
2. Avoid piling up accessories, go for a statement bag/clutch or necklace instead.
3. Layer the dress with a leather jacket, denim vest, colored blazer, or a comfy cardigan.
4. Accentuate waist with a belt.
5. Go hippie chic with a pair of gladiator sandals or strappy heels.